- Costco would be able to and are currently selling prime-grade meat that used to go almost exclusively to high end restaurants.
- Costco are hoping to take over/merge with or form strategic alliances with other global retailers, focusing on specific markets such as Europe and the Greater China Region.
- The stores currently only trade in a relatively small number of countries. Therefore there are opportunities in the future for Costco to expand consumer markets in areas such as China and India.
- As Costco is a Global Retailer, this means that they are exposed to political problems in the countries that they operate in.
- The cost of producing many consumer products tends to have fallen because of lower manufacturing cost - this leads to price competition: intense price competition is a threat.
- Bad economic times